If you are an HR professional who wants to demonstrate your expertise and advance your career, you might be interested in getting your PHR Training Course certification. PHR stands for Professional in Human Resources, and it is a credential that validates your technical and operational knowledge of HR management, including U.S. laws and regulations. In this blog post, we will explain what the PHR certification is, why it is beneficial, how to prepare for the exam, and what to expect after you pass it.
What is the PHR Certification?
The PHR certification is offered by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI), a nonprofit organization that provides globally recognized certifications for HR professionals. The PHR certification is one of the eight credentials that HRCI offers, and it is designed for HR practitioners who have experience in implementing programs with tactical/logistical orientation. The PHR certification emphasizes a practitioner’s operational responsibilities for the organization’s HR department.
To be eligible for the PHR certification, you must meet one of the following conditions for education and/or experience:
- Have at least one year of experience in a professional-level HR position and a Master’s degree or higher
- Have at least two years of experience in a professional-level HR position and a Bachelor’s degree
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position
The PHR exam is a computer-based test that consists of 90 scored questions and 25 pretest questions. The questions are mostly multiple choice, and they cover six functional areas:
- Business Management (20%)
- Talent Planning and Acquisition (16%)
- Learning and Development (10%)
- Total Rewards (15%)
- Employee and Labor Relations (39%)
- Technology Management (10%)
The exam fee is $395, plus an application fee of $100. You have two hours to complete the exam, plus 30 minutes of administration time. You can take the exam at a Pearson VUE testing center or at your home or office using OnVUE online proctoring.
Why Should You Get Your PHR Certification?
There are many benefits of getting your PHR certification, such as:
- Enhancing your credibility and reputation as an HR professional
- Demonstrating your commitment to continuous learning and development
- Increasing your knowledge and skills in key areas of HR management
- Boosting your confidence and competence in handling HR challenges
- Expanding your career opportunities and earning potential
- Joining a network of more than 500,000 certified HR professionals worldwide
According to HRCI, certified HR professionals earn an average of $4,547 more annually than their non-certified peers. Additionally, certified HR professionals report higher levels of job satisfaction, career advancement, and organizational recognition.
How to Prepare for the PHR Exam?
Preparing for the PHR exam requires a lot of dedication and effort, but it is not impossible. Here are some tips to help you study effectively and ace the exam:
- Review the exam content outline and familiarize yourself with the topics and subtopics covered by the exam. You can download the full exam content outline from HRCI’s website.
- Assess your current level of knowledge and identify your strengths and weaknesses. You can take a practice test or use a self-assessment tool to gauge your readiness for the exam.
- Create a study plan that suits your learning style, schedule, and goals. You can use online or offline resources, such as books, courses, flashcards, podcasts, webinars, etc., to study for the exam.
- Practice as much as possible with mock exams, quizzes, questions banks, etc., to test your knowledge and improve your speed and accuracy. You can find many practice resources online or from HRCI’s website.
- Review your results and feedback from practice tests and identify areas where you need to improve or focus more. You can also join online forums or study groups to exchange ideas, insights, and experiences with other candidates.
- Relax and rest before the exam day. Make sure you have everything you need for the exam, such as your ID, confirmation email, calculator, etc. Arrive early at the testing center or set up your online proctoring environment properly. Follow the instructions carefully and manage your time wisely during the exam.
What Happens After You Pass the PHR Exam?
Congratulations! You have passed the PHR Exam Prep Courses and earned your PHR certification. Now what?
- Celebrate your achievement and share your success with your colleagues, friends, and family. You can also update your resume, LinkedIn profile, business cards, etc., with your new credential.
- Maintain your PHR certification by earning 60 HR recertification credits over a three-year time span or retaking the exam. You can earn recertification credits by completing professional development activities, such as attending seminars, workshops, conferences, webinars, etc., or by demonstrating HR leadership, research, or innovation.
- Explore other HRCI certifications that might suit your career goals and aspirations. For example, you might consider getting the PHRca certification if you work in California, or the SPHR certification if you have strategic and policy-making responsibilities.
PHR Courses Available on Dooey.org
If you are looking for a high-quality and affordable PHR course to help you prepare for the exam, you might want to check out dooey.org. Dooey is an online learning platform that offers a comprehensive PHR prep course that covers all the functional areas of the exam with engaging and interactive resources. Here are some of the features and benefits of the PHR course on dooey.org:
- You get access to 1,000 practice questions, 50 interactive videos, 350 flashcards, 5 full-length practice exams, and a study guide.
- You can study at your own pace and convenience, with unlimited access to the course materials for one year.
- You can track your progress and performance with detailed reports and analytics.
- You can get personalized feedback and support from expert instructors and staff.
- You can enjoy a 100% money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the course or if you do not pass the exam.
The PHR course on dooey.org costs $399, which is a fraction of what other courses charge.
The PHR certification is a valuable credential that can help you advance your HR career and demonstrate your expertise and professionalism. To get your PHR certification, you need to meet the eligibility requirements, prepare for the exam, and pass it with flying colors. After you get your PHR certification, you need to maintain it by earning recertification credits or retaking the exam. Getting your PHR certification is not easy, but it is worth it. If you are ready to take your HR career to the next level, start preparing for the PHR exam today!